Shopify forum is looking for a UX-focused senior content strategist to plan and create interface content for Shopify products, and help grow our team’s skills and culture. This position requires deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process.
This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
Content strategists at Shopify collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to design and build our user interfaces. We’re a close-knit team of more than 20 content strategists who work across the company to create clear, concise content that makes our products work better.
You’ll be working on things like:
• Being a part of our UX team alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers building the Shopify admin and tools.
• Collaborating closely with other content strategists. Review and critique your teammates’ content to help them grow.
• Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
• Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
• Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
• Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
• Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
You’ll need to have:
• Content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
• Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers.
• Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
• A portfolio of work you’ve done. Bonus if it includes interface content or microcopy.
• Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
• A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Mary is looking forward to reading your application.