HEALTHCARE JOB SUMMARY
HealthCare has been dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of Canadians in their homes since 1966.
The Personal Care Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides personal care services to clients and assists clients with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent.
• Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Care Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder.
• Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
• Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
Must have Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
At least one year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely
• Able to freely lift in accordance with Care Aide duties
• Able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care
• Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.
• Must have a completed full TB Testing and have results from within the last 12 months
• Must have a completed Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector) through the Ministry of Justice or though a local police department
• Registration with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
• Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
• Vehicle is an asset