Contractors Hiring, This Services Technician performs installation, modification, repair, testing and/or servicing on systems and communications equipment, including, but not limited to: hardware and peripherals; software configuration; voice, video and data cabling systems; and networks. Incumbents service both internal Insight teammates, as well as clients on site.
Contractors to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Performs necessary hardware and peripheral repairs. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to resolve the problem, keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
• Installs and tests system hardware at customer site. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up the hardware, testing the hardware to make sure it is working, identifying system hardware problems and following any special instructions.
• Completes all required documentation involved in a service call to ensure accurate billing, and timely return of defective products/parts, with respect to warranty or contract. This includes completion of required Insight and vendor paperwork, preparing defective product or parts for return to vendor, and promptly returning defective products/parts and paperwork according to Insight policies and procedures.
• Identify system hardware problems and determine the most efficient and cost effective way of resolving the problem.
• Perform necessary hardware and peripheral repair, keeping client downtime to a minimum. Identify defective parts and order replacement parts utilizing vendor supplied tools such as web sites, phone support, etc.
• Understand current depot programs such as Hot Swap and AR3D; participate as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Video, Voice and Data Cabling Systems:
• Provides telephone support for a geographically dispersed user community using a combination of desktop remote control products.
• Resolve software configuration problems and diagnose hardware problems at the workstation level.
• Identifying, pulling, terminating and labeling Cat3, 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A, coax and fiber optic cable
• Installing support structures and pathways (J-hooks, support rings, cable slings and cable tray / ladder rack, conduit and raceway).
• Termination of work station outlets, patch panels, 110 and 66 blocks.
• Fiber terminations.
• Termination with multi-pair / strand cable (Copper and fiber).
• Reading blue prints, identifying cable paths and some assistance with site surveys, and bidding.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Installs, tests, and configures network and data communication equipment such as switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, etc.
• Installs, tests, and supports Network Operating Systems (NOS) and their applications.
• Performs server hardware support, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
• Implements and supports Active Directory and supporting technologies such as DNS, DHCP, WINS, etc.
• Implements and supports Microsoft server applications such as Exchange, SMS, IIS, RIS, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LANs, WANs, Personal Computers, messaging and server software applications experience required. Cable plants, network services, email, bulletin boards, and CD-ROM libraries needed. Ability to automate tasks using basic scripting techniques required. Remotely manage devices to determine user experiences and debug issue, utilizing knowledge base and call script skills required. Must be able to work with both ends of basic level testing as well as high level testing and documentation.
Voice, Video and Cabling:
• 6 months to 2 year of telecommunications experience.
• Familiar with EIA/TIA standards.
• Proficient with both ends of basic level testing as well as high level testing and documentation.
• Individual shall have experience in closet build outs to include exposure to grounding, closet dressing, termination of closet equipment and multi-pair color code terminations.
• Experience fiber terminations (specific experience will be given for each individual in this area).
• Extensive knowledge of windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, re-image software such as Ghost, Virus scan software.
• Minimum of one year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier One vendors.
• Should also be familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier One products (IBM, Compaq, HP, Toshiba).
• A+ certification and at least one vendor hardware certification required. Minimum of one (1) year bench and/or on-site service technical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Contractors High level of technical proficiency in microcomputer product areas a must. Familiarity with large account environments and protocol required. Working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows XP Workstation). Comfort and familiarity with to take units apart and re-assemble required. Excellent troubleshooting skills needed. Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company’s business and systems strategies. Ability to enter data into systems accurately required. Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills. Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion. Knowledge of receiving, warehouse and safety procedures a plus. Possession a valid forklift certification a plus.
Contractors Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.